Friday, July 27, 2012

Review:OCC Lip Tars

Hey Beauties,

I have wanted to do a review on OCC's Lip Tars for the longest time. I know a lot of bloggers and Youtubers have raved about them already but since I liked them. I told myself "Hey,why not do a review?". By the way OCC stands for Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, FYI. Check it out!
OCC Lip Tar is a cross between lipstick and gloss that gives intense color that is not heavy yet lightweight. It's 100% vegan and cruelty-free so no animal-derivered ingredients and is moisturizing. It's so pigmented that a little goes a very long way. By the way, Lip Tars are not made of tar as some people would think.

Here are some tips that I would like to share with you:
  •  Only use a tiny drop with a lip brush otherwise it will bleed.
  • Lip Tars can be mixing together to create custom colors.
  • To avoid bleeding, use lip liner.


OCC Lip Tar in Tone. It's a pale pink with some white under tone. On the lips, it looks corpse-like. So it's better to mix with another color






OCC Lip Tar in Tone swatched on the lips.

OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha: It's a pale pastel sherbet orange. It's an ideal color for people who are afraid to wear bright colors.



OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha swatched on the lips
OCC Lip Tar in Kava Kava: It's a peachy neutral that came out in the Garden Spring/Summer 2012 collection. I think it could be a dupe for MAC Peachstock lipstick



OCC Lip Tar in Kava Kava swatched on the lips
All three lip tars swatched on my hand. 


From left to right: Tone, Cha Cha, Kava Kava
PROS:
  • Comes in a wide array of colors.
  • All OCC's products are vegan.
  • Available online or in store.
  • Are super pigmented.
  • Smell minty
CONS:

  • Are not super moisturizing, so use a lip balm before using.
  • Using too much Lip Tar on the lips can bleed on the lips. A little goes a very long way.
  • Tends to separate because of the ingredients and pigment. Make sure to shake before using.

I hope you liked this post. Please tell me if you have bought any lip tars  and what shades  in the comments below.
Ciao!!!

Disclosure:  All products purchased by me. I have not been paid to write this post and not affiliated by the company mentioned. These are my own and honest opinions and thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!