Tuesday, June 04, 2013

May 2013 Empties


Hey Beauties, 

It's time for another round of empty beauty and makeup products.. This is more of a lip balm edition. with a hair or nail product or two As you guys may know that I hate flaky, chapped and dry lips so it's important to have smooth lips prior to lipstick, gloss, stain... etc. Check out this month's empties!



Here are the products I used up completely for the month of May

From left to right: AVON Advance Techniques Lotus Shield Frizz Control Leave-in Treatment, AVON Mosaic Effects Top Coat Nail Enamel in Gold Glimmer, Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Wild Raspberry, Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Orange Peach, Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Green Apple and NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl.


1. AVON Advance Techniques Lotus Shield Frizz Control Leave-in Treatment: I've been using this for ages. This has been recommended by my friend who is an AVON representative. Like all makeup and beauty products, I couldn't resist, lol. This leave-in treatment makes my hair smooth, silky and of course, frizz free.
Rating: 10/10
Will I repurchase? Yes

2. AVON Mosaic Effects Top Coat Nail Enamel in Gold Glimmer: As you guys may know that I'm new to crackle nail polish. The color is really beautiful, a gold shade. The formula and staying power are one big flop. The formula is way too thick and takes forever to get the crackle effect. It chips like crazy after a day or two.
Rating: 2/10
Will I repurchase? No

3. Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Wild Raspberry: I bought this with a set of 6 other lip balms. It really moisturizes the lips. Smells and tastes like raspberry. The packaging is quite cute. Reminds me of the 1960s.
Rating: 10/10
Will I repurchase? Yes

4. Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Orange Peach: As I have previously mentioned, this lip balm came in a set of 6. It smells and tastes like peach with a tinge of orange. The packaging had a piece of orange which is cool but at the same time fresh. 
Rating: 10/10
Will I repurchase? Yes

5. Simple Pleasures Lip Balm in Green Apple:This lip balm didn't really have a taste but it smelt like green apples. The packaging is very cute. It had a picture of an apple.
Rating: 9.5/10
Will I repurchase? No.

6. NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl:  I had this eyeshadow base in my kit for more than 2 years. The eyeshadow base has white pearl which is great for amping and brightening up shimmer eyeshadows but nothing beats Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
Rating: 9.5/10
Will I repurchase? Maybe.

That's all for now folks! Stay tuned for more posts! Ciao.


Disclosure : All items were purchased by me. I have not been paid to write this post and am not affiliated with the companies mentioned. These are my own and honest opinions and thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!